The Coming Sunset Chapter 1

Same School, New Faces
 
 
 
Legend:
 
" Speech "
 
*Thought*
 

(A/N: This is my first ever fanfic. Yay! I'm supposed to put a disclaimer here, so here goes: I do not own digimon. New character, digimon, and digivolution, on the other hand, I do. Now that that's out of the way, read and (hopefully) enjoy!)  

*_*_**_*_*
 

"Hi! It's Kari. It's been a long time, hasn't it. Well... There's a reason for that. You see, a few years after we defeated Malomyotismon, we had one more adventure. It started off like the others, but...well, you'll just have to see for yourselves..."  

*_*_* two years after the defeat of malomyotismon, not far from highton view terrace*_*_*  

"Ka-ri!" a voice called, waking her from her slumber. "Kari! Get down here! School starts today!"  
Kari looked up at the alarm clock, and yawned. *What is she thinking? We've got hours left...* Outwardly, she yelled "Be right there!"  
As Kari and Tai hurried off to school, Kari asked Tai "Why do we have to get up so early? It's not like we live far away..."  
Tai just chuckled, and replied "If you think this is bad, wait till you hear the morning assembly..."  

*_*_*several hours later*_*_*
 

*I never thought I'd be tired before first period...* Kari thought. *This year is going to take forever...*
She walked into class as the bell rang, and she hurried to take her seat. After she sat down, she noticed that her teacher was not there yet. Before she could wonder where he was, the P.A. system clicked on.  
‘Sorry to bother you all, but we forgot to mention something in assembly today.' Everyone groaned. The principle had proved to be as long-winded as they had been told. ‘However, this is important, considering it involves your classes. This year, we'll be hosting several exchange students from America. Let's leave a good impression on them and don't forget to be friendly!'  
The P.A. system clicked off. The class began to discuss what they had just heard, but before they got far, their teacher walked in.  
"Good morning class! I expect you all heard the announcement by the principle, and I'm sure you'll be happy to welcome our class' exchange student from America!" The teacher raised his hand, and a boy their age walked into the room.  
Their teacher continued to ramble on about how this was important so that they could learn about other cultures, but noone really listened. They were all studying the new student. He had light brown hair, green eyes, wore a black shirt with a grey jacket over it, and black pants. While the teacher continued to talk about culture differences, Kari noticed that he looked embarrassed at being made a big deal over. *He seems like he's a nice kid.* she thought, * In fact, he's not bad looking, either.*  
Class then began, and he chose a seat next to her. As the teacher droned on, he seemed to take lots of notes. But when Kari looked over at his work, she saw he was just drawing some strange cat-like thing. *I wonder why he isn't paying attention...but, then again, neither am I...*  

*_*_*lunchtime*_*_*
 

Kari quickly hurried over to where the other digidestined were sitting. Although the older kids had a different lunch hour, Davis, TK, Yolee, and Cody were all sitting down already. They were all talking about the new students.  
"I just got some hot-headed jerk in my class." Yolee said. "No brains at all."  
Davis said "Some flirty girl's in my class. Trying to get all the tough guys to like her...Oh, hey Kari! I saved you a seat!"  
Kari sat next to TK. Davis' face fell.  
At the next table over, five of the exchange students were talking, including the one from Kari's class. They were talking quietly, trying to be ignored, but not doing a good job of it.  
"Anyways," TK said, trying to get the topic off the new kids, "I can't believe we're not going to be able to see our digimon again until the next long break. That's months from now!"  
Unnoticed by the digidestined, the new kid from Kari's class stopped talking with his friends, and started to listen in on their conversation.  
"Yeah..." said Cody. "It's always hard to leave Armadillomon in the digital world like that..."
The new kid at the other table's eyes widened, then he quickly started talking to his friends again.  
"Well, things could be worse!" said Yolee. "We might be battling Myotismon instead of homework!"  
"I'll take Myotismon over the homework any day." said Davis.  
Suddenly, all their digivices started beeping at the same time. They looked at each other. The last time this had happened, the older digidestined's digimon had been in trouble. "We'll meet in the computer lab after school," Kari said. "I'll call Tai and get him to tell the others."  

*_*_*after school*_*_*
 

After nearly getting Tai a detention for calling him during class, all of the digidestined showed up. Ken even managed to sneak in.
 
"What do you think is going on, Izzy?" asked Matt.  
"I'm not sure, but whatever it is, it's messing with the computer. I'm having a hard time pinpointing where our digimon are."
 
"Well, hurry up!" Davis whined, "I wanna to see Veemon again! I don't want to hike over the digital world t"
 
The door opened and the exchange kid from Kari's class looked in. Everyone froze.
 

*_*_**_*_*
 

Who are these new children? What trouble are the digimon in? Will Tai ever have to serve his detention? Find out on the next episode!