Digimon: United

By: Rika Wannabe

Hi! This is the first of many fanfics. I’ve never sent anything in to a web-site before. I’m a little nervous…

Ugg… I could definitely learn to hate these disclaimers… Anyway… I do not own Digimon. This is fan fiction after all. All of the humans, and most of the digimon characters and all of the plot belong to me. The title is mine also. You are not to steal them! Grrrrr! *Notes terrified expressions* I take it that you won’t steal them? Good.

Chapter 1

Akira sat in his room trying to concentrate. He had a test tomorrow and he wasn’t getting anywhere! He threw his pen down in frustration and glanced at his clock.

“I guess a little brake wouldn’t hurt.” He got up and flicked on his TV.

“Shoot! There’s nothing on!” he pulled out a video and popped it into his VCR. The theme song of his favorite show, Digimon, filled his room. He had taped the entire season. In fact he had taped every season. You could tell his favorite show, just by looking in his room. He had practically everything that had to do with digimon. Needless to say, his parent’s thought he was insane. But he didn’t care.

So what if he got teased for wearing goggles? He didn’t care what people thought of him. What did bother him though was that now people were starting to tease his younger siblings. Last week his little sister Aki, came home from the park with a black eye. She wouldn’t look at him for the rest of the weekend. That, hurt. There were a few other kids in school that he thought might like digimon. But he couldn’t be sure. He was watching them to see if he could tell. One girl, Katsumi, seemed to like it. He had seen her looking through a notebook of what looked like computer game cheat codes. And he could have sworn he had heard her mutter the name “Moggimon”. And since he had never heard of that digimon before, he figured that she must have made it up. But Katsumi was one of the “popular” girls. Not to mention one or two grades above him, so he couldn’t just go ask her.

At that very minute, Katsumi was typing away at her laptop.

“Almost done…” She muttered. She was currently in the process of creating a new computer game. Impossible for a 14 year old you say? Well not for Katsumi Kamata. This time it was going to work for sure. She hit the enter key one last time, and leaned back in her chair. After months of work, she was finished. She pulled up the program that she had just finished.

“Please work!” she said to herself. And it did. The music for the Hey Digimon song played.

“YES!!” she shouted!

Her 13 year old sister Kenji, poked her head into the room from the balcony where she had been watching the people in the apartment across the road from them.

“You finished the ‘Top Secret’ project you wouldn’t let me see?”

“Yep.” said Katsumi, still grinning from ear to ear.

“So… Can I see it now?”

“No.”

“Well why not!?” asked Kenji.

“Because I said so.” That wasn’t the real reason, but Katsumi wanted to be the first person to play the game. “Now go away.”

“Fine!” and with that, Kenji went back to her People Watching.

In the apartment across the road, a friend of Kenji’s lived. His name was Ryushi Nakagama, and he and Kenji had known each other since Kindergarten. They had a secret code all worked out so they could talk to each other without leaving their homes. It was a kind of body language that looked like Tai Chi, and just then Kenji started signing across the road to him.

She’s finished! she signed.

Really!? he signed back. That’s great! Did you ask her if you could play it? What’s it about anyway?

No clue. I think Digimon. I did ask, but she said no. Next time she’s out of the house, I’ll call you. Then we’ll find out what it’s all about.

She could see him laughing.

Sounds good. See you then. I have to go eat dinner right now though. See ya! He stepped back inside. Kenji did the same.

A couple miles away, a kid named Oniji Nagume was getting beat up. A regular pastime for him. Not that he enjoyed the pastime...

Oh well. He thought glumly. Now my eye matches my T-shirt. His T-shirt, was black. It had three lines drawn on it in silver, that resembled the slash that a giant cat’s claws might make. He had a bloody lip, and some very sore ribs. The stick that his attackers had used on his ribs, was lying a few feet away. He pushed himself up off his knees, and went home.

***