Chapter 3

So what did you think of the last chapter? I love writing cliffhangers. I’m not really sure I like reading them though… *thinks about that for a second* Well, maybe I do. I’m not sure. O_o

About this disclaimer… Do I have to?! Oh alright. I do not own Digimon. I write about it mainly for my own amusement, and definitely not to make money. I do own all the human characters, and almost all of the digimon. I intend to keep it that way. NO stealing my plot, characters, title, or anything else!

Akira stared at the screen of his glowing computer.

Ok… This is really weird. He thought. He stepped forward hesitantly. Etsuya ran out of the room. Akira was pretty freaked out, as you might imagine, but strangely curious. He reached out his hand and jumped back when a red light shot out of the screen towards his outstretched fingers.

“Whoa!” he shouted. Just then, Aki skidded into the room, something clutched in her hand.

“Uh-oh.” she said. She ran back to her room unnoticed by her big brother. The thing in Akira’s hand was still glowing, but that’s not what he was looking at. The computer screen was still glowing. Suddenly, all the power in the house went out. But oddly enough, the computer still glowed.

“Hey! What the-?” he shut-up mid sentence, as an egg shaped object flew out of the screen, and floated in front of him. As the lights flickered back on, and the glowing objects grew dimmer, he found that he held what was unmistakably a digivice and digi-egg.

The digi-egg, had a blue background and a curl of flame at the base.

The digivice, was a palm-sized silver digivice, and it had a screen in the very center of it, with a circle around the screen. Four triangles inside the circle, surrounded it. Their bases were touching the sides of the screen. On the right side of the screen, on the black triangle, was a red button and on the left side, on the red triangles that were in-between each black triangle were two black buttons. One on each triangle.

Akira could only stare. Then, slowly he started to grin…

Katsumi sat with her own digi-egg on her lap. How had this happened!? Digimon weren’t real! But it appeared she was wrong about that.

It must have been my computer game. She thought. But how? It seemed like it was working fine. I designed my digimon, picked a color digivice, hit enter… What went wrong? It shouldn’t have made everything real! But it did. So what am I going to do? She got up and paced around the tree fort.

If I’m right, then soon this thing will hatch, and I’ll have Tatmon as my digimon. Then Kitstarmon. And then… Moggimon. She sighed. Moggimon! The digimon that would soon be hers. She could hardly wait. The white egg, that was covered with little black stars trembled, as if it too, couldn’t wait.

Kenji and Ryushi, were in shock. There they sat in the room Kenji and Katsumi shared, holding what looked like giant Easter eggs.

The egg that Kenji was holding shook. It was black, except for around the middle. Around it’s middle wrapped what looked like the Northern Lights. Kenji jumped slightly, when it moved. She had not expected that.

Ryushi’s egg wasn’t moving, and he didn’t know if that was a bad sign or not. His digi-egg, was green and covered with black diamonds, except in the center of one side. There was a clearing in the little diamonds, and in the center of the clearing was a big diamond.

This was just too good to be true! No way were they actually holding digi-eggs!

“I bet I can guess what color digivice you’ve got.” said Kenji.

“Oh yeah? Bet you can’t!” challenged Ryushi, grinning. Something neither of them could seem to stop doing.

“Hhhmmm… Let me think… Green?” she shot at him.

“Hey! How did-? You saw it! Didn’t you!?” How could she guess so fast?

“I didn’t see it! Ryushi, do you honestly think after knowing you since I was five I wouldn’t know your favorite color by now? Mine’s my favorite color, so it goes to reason that yours would be your favorite color too.”

“Yours is blue?” He asked.

“No! It’s yellow you idiot!”

Oniji sat stroking his digi-egg much like he did his cat. It made a slight rumble under his fingers. It reminded him of purring. He grinned, and winced. His lip was all swollen, and it hurt.

“What do you think of it Kuro?” he asked his cat.

Kuro hissed. It wasn’t everyday that something flew out of that box-thing his human was always playing with. He didn’t trust this egg thing. But who knows? Maybe he’d get lucky, and it would hatch into a huge bird. He liked that thought.

Oniji sat back in his chair holding his digi-egg and digivice, which was black. If this was a digi-egg, (and he was pretty sure it was) then he had no clue what Digimon it would turn into. He’d just have to wait and see.