Chapter 4

Before anyone gets any ideas, Kenji and Ryushi are just friends. It’s not in my nature to right romance. Especially between kids who are only 12½ (Ryushi) and 13 (Kenji). That’s not to say nothing will ever happen between any of my characters, but if anything does, it’ll be in the epilogue. Not part of the story. At least that’s the plan for the moment… I suppose it might change…

Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon. I own only the original characters in this fan-fic, most of the digimon in it, and the plot. If anyone dares steal any of these things without my permission, I’ll sic my digimon (Articmon) on them! By the way, you’ll meet Articmon later.

“This is getting really weird.” said Akira the next day.

He was at school, and his teacher had just announced that the 8th grade was going on a fieldtrip. Not just any fieldtrip. The best fieldtrip. They were going to visit the studio where the voices were recorded for Digimon, and some other shows that were really popular. Not only that, but they were going to be able to talk with some of the voice actors!

“But why is all this happening the day after I get a digivice?” he muttered distractedly. He walked into someone.

“Sorry.” He said. But the girl he had ran into, was looking at something on the floor. Something that had fallen out of his pocket. She bent over and picked up his digivice. She stared at it. Then at him.

“Ryushi,” she said as she tapped a boy on the shoulder. “You need to see this.” Ryushi turned, and his jaw dropped.

“How come you have two digivices?!” he asked.

“Don’t be stupid. This isn’t mine. It’s his.” Kenji nodded her head towards Akira, who was looking kind of nervous. Then what they said clicked.

“Wait. You have a digivice too?”

In answer, Kenji and Ryushi pulled out their own digivices.

Akira just stared. Then a grin slowly spread over his face. Now he could be the leader of a group! Now he could ‘live up to his goggles.’

Katsumi was walking through the hall, and happened to notice this. She stopped dead. She had suspected that Kenji played her computer games without her permission. Now she had proof. How else could she have gotten a digivice? She stormed over to Kenji.

“Kenji. A word?” she hissed. She was just barely containing her anger.

“Um… Sure.” Kenji was surprised. In school, Katsumi tried to pretend she didn’t know Kenji. Why wasn’t she doing that now?

Katsumi dragged Kenji over into a corner.

“Kenji, did you touch my new computer game?” she muttered.

“Is that a question I have to answer?” asked Kenji evasively.

“Yes it is. Now tell me.”

“Yeah. Ryushi too. Oh-! But it’s not his fault. I suggested it.”

“The last time I caught you two on my computer, I told you I’d do something that would make you sorry, didn’t I?”

“Yes.” muttered Kenji. “But I don’t care.”

“Not yet you don’t, but I work for the school newspaper, remember?” Katsumi was getting scary. Her eyes had a dangerous sparkle in them. “Do you really want me to publish that story about when you-” she stopped. Her digivice had beeped. Kenji’s eyes got huge.

“You too?” she whispered. “And you didn’t tell me? You know, there was a time we told each other everything.”

“Just- Just be quiet!” Katsumi muttered. “We’ll talk about this later.”

They looked down at the digivices in their hands. Then glared at each other.

Oniji saw all this. He had been listening.

So… he thought. I’m not the only digi-destined in the city.

He walked down the hall to his locker where he had hidden his digi-egg. He pulled it a little ways open, and there sat a digimon.