Chapter 5

*sighs* These disclaimers are getting old… I do not own Digimon. I simply LOVE it! He he… Anyway… I do own all of the human characters, all of the digimon characters, the title, and the plot. Those of you reading this, do not have permission to steal any of the above listed. Sorry. Also, I know I’ve been awful about telling what the characters look like, so here:

Akira Ishikawa: age 12, messy brown hair, brown eyes, red shirt with a symbol, blue jeans, yellow wrist guards, and, of course, goggles.

Katsumi Kamata: age 14, red hair pulled back into a single braid, green eyes, tie-dye shirt (short sleeves), black jeans and black vest.

Kenji Kamata: age 13, auburn hair (it’s not quite as red as her sister’s), one thick braid in back, two thin braids in front with beads on the end (silver, gold, then silver), green eyes, jeans, a shirt with three-quarter-length sleeves. Top half of the shirt and sleeves are blue, bottom half is green, she wears a gray vest.

Ryushi Nakaguma: Age 12½, blond hair, brown eyes, Green T-shirt, jeans, green baseball cap and a watch.

Oniji Nagume: Age 12, black hair, blue eyes, black T-shirt with three silver slash-marks like a giant cat scratch, dark blue jeans.

Aki Ishikawa: Age 8, brown hair, brown eyes, purple bandana, blue T-shirt trimmed with purple with a purple stripe across the stomach, matching peddle-pushers.

There! Now you know what to picture while you read!

Akira was as surprised as Kenji, when she found his digivice. He was even more surprised when he got home and found a hatched digi-egg.

"Oh no! How long ago did you hatch!?" His room was in shambles.

Akira turned towards the little fresh-form on his carpet.

"Did you do all this?!" he gasped.

The little red digimon jumped up at Akira.

It was a round red ball, with two little horns. In between it’s huge black eyes, was a little mark. Four dots, in the shape of a diamond. He (the digimon) didn’t really have a mouth. Instead he had two little knobs, like a pacifier. It even had a tiny little tail.

"What are you!?" Akira whispered in shock (somewhat stupidly).

Suddenly his digivice beeped. He pulled it out of his pocket. On the screen, was a color picture of his digimon. He hit the left bottom button. The name Blazemon appeared. Along with that, it told what level Blazemon was, and what type he was. This is what it said:

Blazemon

Male

Fresh

Data

Fire

Partner

"Cool!" he said. He sat down on his bed, holding Blazemon. "And Aki thinks I’m not special…" Aki had told him just a week ago, that she thought he was a boring, typical big brother. "I’m not typical…" he muttered.

"Yes you are."

Akira wheeled around, almost dumping Blazemon on the ground.

"I- I can explain!" he said.

Aki laughed. A small dragon stepped from behind her.

It was blue, and covered in soft fur. She went up to Aki’s waist.

Akira pulled his digivice up to his face. It read:

Shedramon

Female

Rookie

Vaccine

Wind (psychic)

Partner

"Aki, why is she a rookie level?" Akira asked in a hushed voice.

"Because I’ve had her for about four weeks already. Give or take a few hours."

Akira was shocked. "You got your digimon before me! But- that’s not how it’s supposed to work!" He was seriously confused. In Season 1, Kari didn’t get Gatomon until halfway through the season… Well, he was like Tai, and Aki was like Kari. He should have gotten Blazemon long before she got Shedramon.

Meanwhile the dragon digimon, had gone over to Akira. Blazemon hopped off Akira’s lap and onto Shedramon’s back. He made a little chirping sound. Shedramon laughed, and said in a slightly high, very clear voice, "He’s funny Aki. I’m pretty sure he just told me that my ‘fuzz is yike’ feathers! Blazemon, fuzz can’t be like feathers really, but I’m glad you think it’s soft."

Blazemon hopped off Shedramon and back onto Akira’s lap.

Akira was still fuming. But girls getting digimon before the goggleheads (Rika’s an exception. He thought) , and sisters having rookies while brothers had fresh forms, weren’t the only thing he was going to find very different from the TV shows. Everything was different now. And he wasn’t sure he liked it…

Kenji half ran, half flew home.

Please be hatched! Please be hatched! Please be hatched! she thought.

And the egg had hatched. Well, not quite. It was hatching.

The egg was trembling and cracks had appeared on it. Light was shining out of the cracks.

Kenji dropped her backpack and ran over to it.

Suddenly it burst! Kenji was covered in what felt like snow. She wiped it out of her eyes.

There in front of her was a small white digimon. It had almost cat-like ears, but it had a fox-like tail. On it’s forehead was a small blue triangle. It had the same kind-of mouth as Blazemon, only it was pale blue, whereas Blazemon’s was red.

Kenji scooped up the digimon. She dug through her backpack until she found her digivice. A picture of her digimon was on it. She hit a button. Now on it’s screen were the words,

Borealismon

Male

Fresh

Vaccine

(Moon) Light

Partner

"So your name’s Borealismon huh…" suddenly Kenji realized something. "That’s right! I designed you on Katsumi’s game! I named you!" She frowned. "I didn’t make-up the egg though, so I didn’t know it would be you…"

Kenji went out onto the balcony. Suddenly across the street Ryushi stepped out onto his balcony, holding a small green shape.

Kenji lifted her round digivice, and aimed it towards Ryushi and his digimon.

A picture of Ryushi appeared on screen.

"Huh?" muttered Kenji. She hit the same button she had hit with Borealismon. The screen changed to words.

Ryushi Nakagama

Age: 12½

Partner: Fizmon

Bio: Likes to play jokes.

Average grade is a B+.

Kenji blinked. It gave her info on people?

She adjusted her digivice’s aim. It was now pointing at Fizmon.

Fizmon

Male

Fresh

Virus

Shadow

Partner

Kenji looked up. This was all so unbelievable…

She quickly signed Come over. Now.

Ryushi replied with a Be right there, and stepped off his balcony back into the apartment and closed the door.

Just then Katsumi came into the room holding her digimon.

"Kenji!" she shouted.

Kenji turned. "Hi Katsumi. I’d like you to meet Borealismon."

Oniji had found it very difficult to smuggle the fresh form digimon out of school. It had not wanted to get into his backpack.

Once home, he pulled out his digivice, to see if it could tell him the name of the digimon he held. It could.

Kubbimon

Male

Fresh

Vaccine

Dark

Partner

"Kubbimon…" he muttered. The digimon purred, and Oniji grinned.

Chapter 6

I’m not gonna do a long note this chapter. I’m not in the mood. Disclaimer *gags*: I don’t own Digimon. I do own the characters, digimon (most of them anyway), title and plot though.

Akira sat in class, not really listening.

This was getting really weird. Blazemon had eaten about five pounds of candy last night. Five pounds! That was all of the candy Akira had stashed away!

How on Earth am I going to feed him when he gets bigger!? he thought, slightly panicking.

Suddenly he became aware that the teacher had asked him a question.

"Well?" she asked, tapping her foot.

"Um… Could you repeat it?"

Everyone snorted.

"I asked if you could tell in detail what photosynthesis was."

"Um…" Akira said. "It has to do with plants, right?"

More chuckling.

"OK. Can somebody else tell me what photosynthesis is?"

Kenji raised her hand, and supplied the desired answer.

To herself, she thought, Sounds like I’ve been spending a little too much time with Katsumi… She grimaced. That’s a scary thought…

Kenji secretly lifted her digivice and aimed it at her teacher. It read:

Mrs. Osaku

Age: 43

Partner: None

Bio: Likes givinG pop-quizzes.

Has been married three times.

Kenji glanced at her teacher. "Three times?!" she said to herself. "Sheesh…"

Katsumi was having a field day figuring out how to use her digivice.

"I think it needs a name…" she muttered. She was doing math, but didn’t seem to be able to concentrate.

She hit a few buttons on the nameless digivice, under her desk.

A shadow fell across her desk and she glanced up. Her teacher was standing there glaring down at her.

"Yes ma’am?" asked Katsumi politely, hands still under the desk.

"What do you have in your hands?" asked the teacher. "Show me."

Katsumi slowly raised the digivice to where it could be seen.

"Give it to me. You can have it back after school."

"Wha- No!" said Katsumi.

Katsumi then found herself in the principle’s office, next to Kenji.

"What are you doing here!?" asked Kenji in disbelief.

"I refused to give my math teacher my digivice. You?"

"I was talking in class. Actually, I was reading out loud. Kind-of. It’s complicated, ok?"

Aki was sitting in her class room, wishing Shedramon was there. Shedramon would have made school fun…

"Aki! Are you coming? It’s time for Gym!" said one of her friends.

In the hallway, Aki tried to remain out of the way of the older students.

"Hey Aki! Aki Ishikawa!"

Aki turned around to look at the person talking to her.

"Oh no…" she muttered.

The speaker continued. "So, have you decided yet?"

"Aki! Hurry up dear, you’re falling behind."

Aki was saved having to answer by her third grade teacher.

Oniji sat gazing out the window. He hadn’t brought Kubbimon to school, because he was afraid that he might digivolve again, and get too big to fit into his backpack.

He sighed. School was nothing compared to watching a digimon digivolve to the next level.

I’ll probably feel different when it’s an evil digimon digivolving…He put his attention back to his school work.