Chapter 7

Almost time now… Our gang gets almost all together in this chapter. Just almost. They’ll be all together by the next chapter for sure. And the disclaimer: I do not own Digimon. It’s only my favorite show of all time… Things I do own: The characters, the plot, the title, and almost all the digimon. I may mention digimon from the TV show. I shouldn’t need to do that really often though, because I’ve made up 136 original digimon (I counted them today!).

***

Akira stood looking out his window. His training form digimon bopping up and down right next to him.

"Will you stop that? You’re making me sea-sick!"

Akira was scanning people down below on the sidewalk.

"No digimon… No digimon… No digimon… Yes digimon… No-" Akira did a double-take. "Yes! Her!"

He practically flew to the elevator and then out the front door, still scanning people as he went. Where’d she go…? He wondered.

Then he found her.

"Hey! Euiko Nagori! Wait up! I want to talk-" he was cut-off suddenly by somebody grabbing the back of his t-shirt.

Oh, great! He thought. I’m gonna be strangled by my own shirt! He twisted around and found himself face-to-face with his sister, Aki.

"You do not want to talk to her." she said.

"What do you mean by that!?"

"Akira, just trust me on this. She’s bad news. If she finds out about Blazemon, then you’re in for some major trouble."

Akira glared at his younger sister. "I think I know what I’m doing Aki. She’s digidestined like us and-"

"No she isn’t." said Aki.

"Yes she is! My Digivice says-"

"First of all, it’s a D-reader. Second of all, she’s a Tamer. She’s not a digidestined."

"What do you mean she’s a Tamer not a Digidestined? They’re the same thing!"

"Maybe on the TV show. In reality they’ve kind of been separated into two different groups."

Akira rolled his eyes. "Why bother splitting them up when there’s no difference?"

"Because there is a difference!" Aki dragged Akira into the shadows. "Tamers are the kids that can turn into digimon. Bio-merging and Spirit Evolving. Digidestindes are the kids that can’t."

"That’s ridiculous! Why-"

"I don’t know all of the details Akira, but for some reason the two groups don’t get along."

"Well that’s stupid!" he exclaimed.

"I know, but that’s not the point. The point is they would want you to chose sides. But if you say no to one group, and you say it to them in person, then they beat you up." Aki faltered.

"Well I don’t think they’d beat me up, but you… Yes."

Akira grimaced. He decided to drop the chase.

***

"Kenji, I know you’re here!" hollered Katsumi. She was in the old tree in the park.

It was the perfect hiding place for her digimon, because nobody ever went there.

Kenji poked her head in from outside the lone window where she’d been balancing on a branch. "Hi!" she climbed back in, followed by her friend Ryushi. Both had on backpacks that Katsumi assumed held their digimon.

Sure enough, when Kenji took off the backpack and reached in, her digimon came out with her hands.

Following the digimon, was a box with a lock on the lid. Once open, Katsumi realized why it had been locked. It was a box of food, and food plus digimon, wasn’t always a good idea.

"What are you doing here?" asked Katsumi.

Kenji grinned. "We thought you and…" she looked at her digivice. "You and Tatmon would like some company. We brought food."

A small face peeked out of Katsumi’s backpack. It made a sound like a very young kitten, and hopped out of the backpack before Katsumi could stop her.

"How did you know her name? I designed her."

Ryushi grinned. "Try your digivice." he said.

Katsumi pulled it out of her pocket and aimed it at the three small digimon who were now gulping down large quantities of food at a time. She aimed it at her digimon in particular.

Tatmon

Female

Fresh

Vaccine

(Star) Light

Partner

"Oh…" she muttered. Suddenly she stiffened. She held a finger up to her mouth and tip-toed to the opening in the floor where the ladder was. Kenji and Ryushi followed.

There below, looking right at them were two kids. Katsumi read on her digivice,

Akira Ishikawa

Age: 12

Partner: Blazemon

Bio: Likes to be in charge. When he was a toddler he enjoyed putting diapers on the cat.

Ryushi was reading the info about the little girl.

Aki Ishikawa

Age: 8

Partner: Shedramon

Bio: Has been fighting evil digimon for about a month already, and enjoys teasing her brother.

"Hey!" shouted Akira. "Can we come up? We know you’re digi-" Aki reached up and clamped her hand over his mouth.

"How many times," she said. "do I have to tell you?! Don’t shout about it!"

***

Meanwhile, Oniji was cornered by several kids.

"Oniji Nagume? We need to talk to you." said the one. He seemed to be in charge. He was wearing goggles anyway…

"Yeah? What do you need to talk to me about?" snapped Oniji.

"Your digimon."

Oniji gripped his backpack’s straps tighter. "What about him…?" he asked.

"We want to know if you can biomerge with him." said a girl with a pink sweater.

"I wouldn’t know. I only got his egg about two days ago. He’s still a fresh form."

The group of kids glanced at each other.

"Hiroji-" one of them started.

The boy with the goggles interrupted. "We’ve got to do it. It’s the only way to tell if he’s one of us, or not." His digimon landed lightly next to him. It was a red digimon. It had several deer-like qualities and a round head.

It was walking slowly towards Oniji. The other kids were blocking his escape route. There was no way to escape.

Just then Kubbimon bounced out of the backpack. It made sounds like an angry cat. The red digimon started to laugh.

"Funny little guy, isn’t it Hiroji?" it asked in a husky voice.

"Pyromon, this isn’t the time. Just get on with it." snapped the gogglehead.

Pyromon nodded and walked at Oniji, horns (he had three) towards him.

And that’s when it happened.

Kubbimon, was encased in a blinding gray light. But when the light faded, he wasn’t a training form. He was a rookie level.

"I thought you said he was a fresh form!" said one of the other kids. "If that were true he’d be a training form."

Oniji was speechless.

The rookie level digimon, was huge; about five feet tall. He looked like a giant Black Panther. He had eyes of emerald green.

Oniji tore his eyes away from his partner digimon, to look at his digivice.

Bagiramon

Male

Rookie

Vaccine

Dark

Partner

"Stay back Oniji. I’ll handle them." Bagiramon spoke in a low voice with a faint growl to it.

"No way." said Oniji. "We do this together."