Chapter 8

This is the longest chapter I’ve written so far! Hope you like it. I got a bit carried away with it I guess… There’s finally some fighting in the story too.

Even though you all know by now that I do not own Digimon, I still have to put this stupid disclaimer. I also feel responsible to warn anyone who’s thinking about stealing anything from this fan fiction. If anyone takes anything from this story, I will be very angry. And you don’t want to see me angry! *turns to her characters* Isn’t that right? *characters all nod fervently* Okay. Things I own: The characters, the digimon (unless I say otherwise), the title and the plot. These things are mine! Mine, mine, mine! *chants this until she falls off a cliff, like people are always doing in the TV show (especially season 1)*

Akira and Aki climbed up without waiting for an answer.

"Kenji! How many people did you invite to play my computer game?" asked Katsumi.

"What!? I don’t even know him. All I know is that he’s digidestined like us. You should know that too, actually." Kenji snapped.

"Why is that?"

"Because he’s the kid with the other digivice. You know, from school?" said Kenji.

Just then Shedramon fluttered through the window. "Hi. Did we hear the word food?"

"Um…" said Ryushi. "We?"

A small red digimon hopped off Shedramon’s back.

"He says hi." said Shedramon.

Kenji was grinning. "Dig in!" she said.

While the two new Digimon were gorging themselves on chocolate bars, Aki explained in detail about the currant situation.

"So the Tamers, hate the Digi-destineds, and the reverse for the Digi-destined." she said. Aki shook her head. "Stupid huh?"

Suddenly Borealismon stiffened. He bounced over to the hole in the floor and started hopping up and down making little yipping sounds.

"Borealismon! Settle down!" said Kenji. She looked at the others. "I don’t know what’s up with him… He’s never done this before."

Shedramon however, knew what to do. "Borealismon, what is it?" she asked. "It’s okay. Speak through me." Shedramon’s eyes started to glaze over, and suddenly she spoke in a baby voice. "Kenji! Dares twuble! We dotta help!" she shook her head, and looked up. "Well!? You heard him! There’s trouble. Come on." She flew out the window, and the kids followed at a slower pace, down the ladder.

Oniji wasn’t winning. In fact, he was losing.

"Bagiramon! We can’t do this. We’re outnumbered!" he shouted.

"We can do it Oniji. Help’s coming." said the huge panther.

"How do you know?" demanded Oniji.

"Well those kids right there are attacking the people that are attacking us, so… I kinda figured that they were friends of yours."

Oniji shook his head. "You should know this about me: I have no friends!"

"Well what am I then?!" demanded Bagiramon.

"Fine! Human friends. Duck!"

"Huh? Oh!" Bagiramon ducked just in time. "PANTHER CLAWS!" he shouted.

One of the kid’s partner digimon went reeling backwards.

"Hi! Need some help?"

Oniji turned and saw a girl with red hair pulled back into a braid, with two more thin braids in front, standing next to him.

"Um… No." he muttered.

The girl rolled her eyes. "Whatever. My name’s Kenji. What’s yours?"

"Oniji." he said.

"Well, Oniji, I’m helping whether you think you need help or not. My digimon just turned into a Rookie, and he wants to help too. Right Articmon?" This last bit was directed to a small white fox digimon that was about the size of a large cat. The tip of his tail was a very pale blue.

"You bet!" he said.

Akira’s Digimon, who had also skipped to the Rookie level, ran over to them.

He was about four feet and six inches tall. He was a Guilmon-like dinosaur, but with different markings. He had two horns on his forehead, and two small spikes on his upper part of his lower jaw.

"Hey! Come on!" he said to Kenji and Oniji. "The fight’s over this way!"

Kenji grinned, and raised her D-reader to get the info on this new form.

Kindalmon
Male
Rookie
Data
Fire
Partner

Kindalmon, was already on his way back towards the fight. Articmon was anxious to fight too.

"Are you coming?!" he asked.

"I wouldn’t miss it!" said Kenji.

"Shedramon! Digivolve!" shouted Aki, seeing that her small rookie Digimon wasn’t doing to good.

"Right!" shouted Shedramon.

Everyone present (except for the other digimon) were forced to shield their eyes, or else risk being blinded by the intense white-violet light.

When the children were able to open their eyes, a five-foot tall blue dragon was standing in place of Shedramon. Shedramon looked loveable. This champion form of hers though, looked deadly. She was a pale blue, with a purple wings. Her chest and stomach were covered in plate-like purple scales, and her eyes, which had been violet, were now golden. Her claws, horns and back ridges were steely gray.

Ryushi glanced at the screen on his digivice to get the info on the champion level of

Shedramon.

Dragamon
Female
Champion
Vaccine
Wind (psychic)
Partner

"Impressive…" said Ryushi in a hushed voice.

"Yeah," agreed Aki. "but I can’t get her to the ultimate level. Yet."

"Hey Aki!" shouted one of the kids they were fighting against.

"Leave me alone, Dayu! I’m not interested in joining you guys!"

"Yeah, well I think I know what you need to get her to Ultimate!" shouted Dayu. He had caught Aki’s attention.

"How?" she asked.

"A crest. Like this!" His digimon, already in the champion level, digivolved with the aid of Dayu’s crest.

"Well guess what! I don’t have a crest or tag!" Aki yelled at him.

"What!?" asked the goggle head, Hiroji. "I thought you did. Well, then, you’re one of them. And these are your friends? Pyromon, you know what to do."

The red Rookie level looked at his partner in shock. "Hiroji! She’s just a training form… I- I can’t!" he stuttered.

Hiroji glared at him. "Humans are never training forms. We don’t work that way. Get on with it. Attack!"

Katsumi was standing next to Moggimon, the Rookie level of Tatmon. This kid… Hiroji… He reminded her strongly of the Digimon Emperor.

Suddenly she realized that there were more kids standing near them. The fighting ceased quite suddenly.

"Well, well, well…" said a voice. A girl stepped out of the group. "Welcome to our side, Aki Ishikawa."

The girl had shoulder-length black hair. She was wearing a long sweater coat over her jeans and T-shirt. A pair of goggles hung around her neck.

Akira looked at the info his D-reader gave him. It read,

Euiko Nagori
Age: 13½
Digimon: (Spirit)
Bio: Took over command
of the Tamers at the age
of eleven. Her parents 
divorced when she was
twelve years old. 

Akira then realized Aki was talking. "I’m not one of you. I can’t spirit evolve, and my digivice doesn’t even have a place to swipe cards! I’m not going to join either side!"

Hiroji stared at her. "And yet you don’t have a crest… What about armor digivolution?" he asked.

Aki shook her head. "Nope."

Katsumi stepped forward. "Kenji," she whispered. "come on."

Kenji followed her older sister slowly.

"I think I’ve found away to split us into separate groups, since that seems to be what you all want…" She motioned to everyone. "Okay. Set your digivices on the ground in front of you." No one moved. "Oh, please. It’s not like I’m going to take them!"

Slowly, the kids all put their assortment of digivices down.

Kenji, having caught on said, "Alright. Those of you with D-tectors and D-arks, go over there. You’d be Tamers."

Then entire second group, the one lead by Euiko, walked to where Kenji had pointed, taking their digivices with them.

"Now, those of you with D-3’s and one of the original digivices, go over there. Those are the digi-destineds. Now who’s left…?"

There were only six kids left standing where the circle had been. Akira, Aki, Ryushi, Oniji, Katsumi and Kenji.

Their digivices were similar in shape to the season one digivices, but larger, and with more color.

"Well, there." said Katsumi. "You see? The six of us don’t belong with either group. Our digivice don’t fit in either category."

"Now there’s just one problem." said Euiko.

"We’re gonna have to fight you too." finished Hiroji.