Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon, just this plot, *sigh* these characters, and a few Digimon. Capuche? Alright, now read the story! 

Digimon: Darkness Returns

Chapter Four 

 

 



In the park, the trees shook. Akai ran, DemiVeemon in his arms. Behind him, a Digimon emerged from the trees. It was a large, winged, unicorn with a red helmet. It was carrying a human on its back. Akai’s digivice identified it as Unimon. 

“Can’t you digivolve to Super-Duper-War-Mega-Metal-Dark-Tyrano-Veemon, or something?” Akai shouted as they fled.

“Sorry,” DemiVeemon blushed sheepishly, “I used up a lot of my power Digivolving to a rookie straight from my egg.”

“So you can’t do anything?” he asked panting.

“Nope,” DemiVeemon confirmed.

Akai groaned. Just then he heard a shout. “Rokomon Digivolve to…Perromon!”

Someone came bounding out of the trees in the opposite direction. Akai, DemiVeemon, the Unimon, and its rider stopped. It looked like a large black dog with large green eyes, perky ears, a split tail, and plain gold rings around each foot. It growled and a yellow light came from its mouth. “Canine Laser!”

It hit the Unimon, who reared. In the distance they heard more shouts. “YukimiBotamon skip Digivolve to… Pandiamon!”

“Mareemon Digivolve to…Aguamon!”

Three more Digimon arrived. The first was a green caterpillar Digimon, Wormmon, the second was a small black puppy with floppy ears, large blue eyes, pink cheeks, and a golden ring around its neck, and the third was a small blue sea dragon with glowing yellow eyes and little wings. “Sticky Net!” Wormmon spit a sticky net at the Unimon, trapping it. 

“Shadow Howl!” the puppy one attacked, blasting Unimon.

“Ocean Breeze!” an ice blue mist flew at Unimon.

It reared, trying to free itself. “Horn Blaster!” The attack hit all three Digimon head-on. Kids burst through the tree line. “Wormmon!” cried one boy, checking on the battered Digimon.

“Aguamon, are you okay?” a girl picked the sea dragon one up.

Another girl and two little kids with Digi-eggs hugged the little puppy one. “Oh, Pandiamon, I’m so sorry!”

The large dog one had disappeared when the others were hit, and now attacked Unimon from behind. It roared in pain.

A boy watched calmly and directed Perromon as it rapidly attacked Unimon from different angles. 

Suddenly light erupted from the little kids’ Digi-eggs. Out emerged two Digimon. The boy’s was a little green ball with horns and a tail, and the girl’s was round, green, with a leaf at the back of its head and a pink pacifier. Akai’s digivice identified them as Zerimon and Sakimon. 

Meanwhile, Perromon’s attacks weren’t doing much damage. Perromon was only a rookie, while Unimon was a champion. Unimon broke through Wormmon’s net and flew into the sky. “Aerial Attack!”

Perromon didn’t stand a chance. It took the brunt of the attack, flying backwards into its human, smacking them both into a tree. “Hiromi, Perromon!” cried one of the girls, running to help them. 

Unimon turned his focus to Akai and DemiVeemon. “Uh, oh,” whispered DemiVeemon, “That can’t be good.”

Right as Unimon opened its mouth to hit them both with an Aerial Attack, someone attacked it from the back. “Grand Horn!”

Behind him was a large, red eagle with large horns, called Aquilamon. On its back was a rider. It hovered above Unimon and attacked it again. Unimon roared in pain and loss, and dissolved into data. Aquilamon’s rider held out a red digivice and collected the data.

“Curse you, Hino!” Unimon’s master cried, shook his fist, and ran away.

Aquilamon’s rider jumped down and Aquilamon de-digivolved into Hawkmon. She pushed a few buttons on her digivice and said, “Back to Primary Village for you”, and released the data. It flew high into the sky and disappeared.

“Who are you people?” asked Akai shakily.

“Your rescuers, you coward,” Aquilamon’s rider remarked coldly. “I’m Sydney Hino. And you are?”

“Akai Fujita. And I’m not a coward, my Digimon was too weak to fight,” he growled indignantly.

“A weak Digimon to go with a weak Tamer, isn’t that lovely. And who are the rest of you?”

The girl with blue hair and Aguamon answered, “I’m Yuki Takeuchi, and this is my younger brother Jonni.”

Wormmon’s owner, a boy with spiky blue hair, a purple t-shirt, and black shorts, nodded gravely. Sydney just went “Uh-huh,” and Akai said hello.

The girl attending Perromon and his Tamer piped up, “I’m Sakura Kano, and these are Hiromi and his Perromon.” She nodded towards the unconscious boy.

“I’m Kaji, and Sakura’s my sissy,” said the little boy.

“And I’m his friend Hana,” added the little girl.

“And you all have Digimon,” Sydney intoned dryly.

“No,” Sakura answered sarcastically, “these are figments of your imagination.”

A smile started on Sydney’s lips, but she tried to suppress it. “You must have not had them long, the way you were fighting.”

“Well, thank you Captain Obvious, I’d say you’ve saved the day yet again. How can we repay you?” was Sakura’s retort.

Sydney couldn’t stop a little smile this time. “Well, aren’t you the comedian.”

Sakura faked a gasp of surprise. “Dun, dun, dun, she does it again, folks!”

Sydney tried to disguise her snort as a cough. “Very funny, Kano.”

“Thank you, I take pride in my scathing remarks. Are you ready to drop the witchy ice princess routine?”

“Possibly,” she returned. 






Shizuki Yoru tapped on the table impatiently. A timid intern peeked into the room. “Ah, sir, Dr. Yokoyama can see you now.” 

Shizuki got up and entered the room. It was large and full of computers. There were no windows and no lights, so the only source of light was from the computers. Dr. Yokoyama stood in the middle of the room, surveying the work. He was tall and thin with blonde hair and was wearing a white lab coat. “Mr. Yoru, how lovely to see you.”

“Tell me what happened,” said Shizuki, cutting to the chase.

Yokoyama pushed his glasses up his nose nervously. “Well, sir, it ah, seems that more and more Digimon are appearing in the Real World. They seem to be teaming up with children…including your son, Hiromi.”

“What?!” Shizuki was outraged. His son, working as partners with a digital abomination?

“Yes, well, he actually, ah, got it from our lab.” Yokoyama hesitated to say ‘stole’, afraid of the affect it would have on his superior.

“Did one of your scientists give it to him?” Shizuki was close to explosion.

“No,” squeaked Yokoyama. 

“Which one?” asked Shizuki carefully.

“Cerberumon.”

“And what else has gone wrong, so that you would call me and say its urgent?” Shizuki was grinding his teeth.

“Do you remember that Gatomon we were working on?” Yokoyama inquired meekly.

“Yes.”

“Its data was scrambled when we were recreating and modifying it. And then it disappeared from our system before we could fix it.”

“So? Is it dangerous?”

Yokoyama twiddled his thumbs. “Possibly. It is a lot more powerful than it could have been as a Gatomon, but instead of Angewomon, it could become LadyDevimon. And she is far too powerful to be controlled and partnered to a mere child, as we expect happened.”

Shizuki frowned. “So the child could be in danger. I’ll look into this tomorrow.” He turned to walk away.

“Oh, and sir?”

He turned. “Yes?”

“Do you remember your favorite agent in-training, Sydney Hino?”

Shizuki was a little worried now. “Of course, what about her?”

Yokoyama shifted uncomfortably. “She’s a rogue, sir. She’s taken her partner Hawkmon, and gone AWOL.”

Shizuki sighed. “She’s been with us since she was six years old. She had so much talent, so much potential. And no one’s heard from her? She might not be AWOL. She could be doing some work off-duty.” 

Yokoyama shook his head. “Agent Taiyo ran into her. She exterminated his Unimon, and collected the data.”

Shizuki groaned. “This is too much for today. I’m heading for home, as to squelch my son.” He walked out and slammed the door.